Triangle Community Coalition (TCC) November 12, 2014 Luncheon Learn
The Political Environment for Business 2014: Staying Ahead of the Curve
The TCC and Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS® Government Affairs Committee hosted a joint Luncheon Learn program with Keynote Speaker, Joe Stewart, Executive Director of NC FreeEnterprise Foundation.
After the most expensive mid-term elections in Wake County and North Carolina’s history, what will the results mean for the Triangle’s residents and businesses as we face continued growth and a desire for the quality of life that is bringing that growth? Mr. Stewart provided an incisive post-election recap for North Carolina which included the following information:
- Fracking, education, and jobs were a few of the hottest issues with the past election.
- Many voters are now looking at the actual candidates rather than political parties.
- Voters in suburban areas are more interested in candidates than political parties.
- Voter demographics are changing as more of the millennial generation registers to vote.
- Unaffiliated voters are growing and now account for 1/3 of North Carolina voters.
- North Carolina’s politics has become nationalized but local issues still matter.
- North Carolina is growing in the urban areas, but 1 in 2 North Carolina counties lost
population between 2010 and 2013.
- We are likely to see large sums of outside money again for the 2016 elections.
- 2016 will bring presidential, gubernatorial, and senate elections.
- There will be a formal selection for NC House Speaker in December 2014.
Again, the Triangle Community Coalition thanks Mr. Stewart for his time.
To view the photos and the PowerPoint presentation shown at the program, please visit the TCC Website at www.tricc.org.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support to the TCC and the Luncheon Learn Programs!
Smith Anderson Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Smith Moore Leatherwood
Williams Property Group K&L Gates Raleigh Regional Association of REALTORS®
Triangle Apartment Association Allen Tate Companies Gaines & Company
Sepi Engineering Northwood Ravin Ramey Kemp & Associates Ammons Development
Toll Brothers, Inc. Taylor Wiseman & Taylor Duke Energy McAdams
Morningstar Law Group Newland Communities WSP M/I Homes Stantec
Tri Properties Kilpatrick Stockton Withers & Ravenel Community Properties